Thursday, June 24, 2010

Trip to AOS American Orchid Society




Here are some photos from my trip to the American Orchid Society... I don't know what happened to the rest of my photos. I will have to go again and take more! The thing above is some sort of rock and woodwork with bromeliads, tillandsias, and orchids mounted all over it. The orchids are mainly in pots, however, which I thought was neat. I am going to attempt to make something like this at some point.

Below are some cute epinendrums and some sort of weird vining orchid that I cannot find the name of. It his skinny, cactus-like segmented stalks. They are all over the place at AOS and are never labeled.







Below is a plant that drove me crazy. I loved it, but there was no label and no one that worked there could tell me what it was. I gave up on trying to find out what it was, and then one day I went on ebay and it was right smack in the middle of ebay's suggestions for me. Behold, the leopard lily, or leopard iris, or blackberry lily:







I need to take more photos the next time I go there. They had a lot of really cool stuff I wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment