Saturday, December 19, 2009

Amorphophallus titanum, or Titan Arum


I will now take you on a tour of our ever-expanding garden... it's going to take forever to photograph all my plants, hehe.

This is an Amorphophallus titanum (titan arum) tuber (and unidentified weed sprout). My boyfriend, Jason, bought it at the plant sale at Mount's Botanical Garden for $20. The plant itself was about 4 feet tall, and would wilt dramatically and flop over every time it needed watering. It finally bent in half one day and died.

We don't know if it is dead for sure. It rained heavily recently and exposed the tuber in the pot, and it seems viable. Hopefully it will sprout again. If anyone has any experience with these, please comment, I would love to know if we killed it or if it is going to grow again. If it should resurrect itself, I will update the blog. I hate waiting patiently for things to sprout!


No comments:

Post a Comment