Friday, September 24, 2010

New Water Garden!


In an effort to spread my focus as thinly as possible (just kidding), I have decided to start water gardening in addition to the myriad gardening projects I already have going.

I didn't want to put rocks and a border around it, that was my boyfriend's idea. I wanted it to look more natural =/ But since I enlisted his aid to dig the rather large hole I was obligated to employ his stylistic input.

The water lilies he got from a customer at work for free. Unfortunately the flower that was going to bloom rotted and fell off, presumable after the poor thing sat waterless in his car all day.

I have a solar-powered, battery-backup pond pump coming from ebay from china for $30.

Also threw in some water hyacinth that I stole from a canal, and some dollarweed to see if it will survive in water, and a baby elephant ear to see if it will survive submerged.

Pond cost: used, 2 for $20 on ebay
Pump: $30
Goldfish: $.13
Waterlily: free
Water hyacinths: free
Rocks: $20 at rock place
Borders: free, came with house

No comments:

Post a Comment