Friday, September 24, 2010

Variegated Purple Queen!

^regular purple queen, just to jog your memory


^variegated purple queen... even the flowers are variegated!


^look at all the pink! so pretty!


^almost white in some places!


I am way too enthusiastic for wandering jew types of plants, and I nearly flipped my gourd (is that an expression?) when I saw in someone's ended auctions on ebay that they had sold a variegated purple queen cutting. An inquiry revealed that she no longer had any left to sell, which left me disheartened until I came across a seller on ebay who had a very overpriced pot for sale, $14 with shipping for a tiny 4" pot. I reluctantly bought it, and several days later at Home Depot I spotted a massive one gallon pot full of them mixed in with regular purple queen! I think I paid around $5 for it. Sucks I got ripped off on the other one.

I will soon be offering cuttings of this rare and spectacular beauty on ebay, hopefully I can make back my cost.

Cost: $14, $5
Source: eBay, Home Depot

1 comment:

  1. Please message me! Cldavis82 at gmail want to buy some!

    ReplyDelete