Saturday, December 19, 2009

Variegated Spider Plant


Here is another very easy plant to grow and propagate. Who doesn't love spider plants?

Ours is in a hanging basket, I also have some in the ground. Ours is happy and flowering small white flowers.

I root the babies and sell them on eBay for a little extra money. Gotta support the habit. I spend a ton of money on plants on eBay so I try to sell plants when I can for extra spending plant money. Want one? :)

Propagation: Easy. It sends out runners with little adorable baby spider plants. Wait for the tiny plant to start producing tiny roots, then snip it off and pot in soil. Alternatively, you can pot them in soil while they are still attached to the runner, then cut after they root. This method allows them to still receive nutrients from the mother plants until established.

No comments:

Post a Comment